Saturday, February 04, 2017

World to put anyone who tests a missile "on notice".

Let me try and get my head around this.  The US is going to impose sanctions unilaterally on Iran because it tested a ballistic missile.  I think I’ve got that straight.

So why are the USA not imposing sanctions against the UK for testing a Trident missile last year?  

Or France for testing nuclear air-launched cruise missile.

Or the USA itself.  They fired a specially configured non-armed “test” version of the Trident II D5 missile from the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Florida on 31st August last year.  This was the 161st successful Trident II launch since design completion in 1989.  So that’s quite a few.

So, countries that the USA likes can go on testing missile delivery systems that can hold nuclear warheads, but others can’t.  Bit of one rule for you, one rule for me.

His White House national security adviser, Michael Flynn, said the administration was putting Iran "on notice" for its missile test.  

That being the case, President Trump, I assume, won’t mind at all if all the other nations in the world put the USA “on notice” if the USA doesn’t cease from testing missiles capable of carrying nuclear warheads.

Seems fair to me.

No comments: